Here’s the recipe:
12 count muffin pan
2 homemade or store bought pie crust
2.5 cups of chopped apples
1/4 cup of sugar
2 table spoons of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Roll out the pie crusts to desired thin or thickness on a lightly floured surface. With a cup or cookie cutter (approx 3.5 inches) cut out circles.
- Place each pie crust on the bottom of each muffin pan hole. Gently press them down and around into each cup making sure they fit tightly. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped apples, sugar, flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg until combined. Remove muffin pan from the fridge and fill each pie.
- Cut out your designs/ tops for each pie from the extra dough.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes until the center is bubbling and the tops are golden. Remove and set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool. You can then transfer them from the pans to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
I hope you guys enjoy these yummy pies with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on the side of course! Happy Fall!