Hi everyone! Nothing says fall quite like the beginning of October! I love this season so much and all the fall festivities that come along with it! One of my favorite past times has always been to pick apples at the apple orchard in North Georgia. Then we make all the apple desserts we can muster up with our apple haul. Max and I whipped up some mini apple pies that are perfect for little hands!
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Roll out the pie crusts to desired thin or thickness on a lightly floured surface. With a cup or cookie cutter (approx 3.5 inches) cut out circles.
- Place each pie crust on the bottom of each muffin pan hole. Gently press them down and around into each cup making sure they fit tightly. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped apples, sugar, flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg until combined. Remove muffin pan from the fridge and fill each pie.
- Cut out your designs/ tops for each pie from the extra dough.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes until the center is bubbling and the tops are golden. Remove and set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool. You can then transfer them from the pans to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.